Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fragmented update

Something must be wrong with me.
I don't feel like replying to my scraps. I mean I want to, but am just too lazy to make that effort of hitting the "reply" button and typing out my boktobbo.

I got my nails colored today. Bright and shocking pink.

Now that college is coming to an end. I really really want to walk to Delights and order a grilled sandwich while bunking some sociology pass class. I want to sit in the Green benches and watch the people floating around. Maybe admire a bike or two. I want to walk the whole stretch starting from the computer science center via the numerous auditorium steps , the reception, the commerce office area , the bank , the field and go to the canteen.

Just like that. You know.

The winter is over.
Its so hot already.
Howcome people aren't really feeling the hotness as much as I am? I mean people in Calcutta are still going about flaunting their monkey caps and wind cheaters. Why can't they just come to terms with the fact that winter is gone and just move on with their lives. Their lives sans the winter-wear that is.

So I was in class that day, and the H.O.D was REALLY confused about how to set up the schedule for the extra classes and such like. So all he did was to gather up all his documents and shout "I will never come back to teach you people again". That is because people weren't paying him much attention. People were
a> talking about very interesting things like how to wax hairy arms in a jiffy, talking about future plans and suchlike [thats the in-thing,btw, to talk about which institute to go to after graduation]
b> Reading the newspaper.
c> trying to un-twitch their twitched eyebrows, coz , seriously, Our H.O.D has this magnanimous effect on people.
d> sulking about the fact that life is so inglorious.

You don't have to guess what I was doing.
Coz you won't be able to.
I was trying to hold my pee in.

Yes right. I was trying to hold it in, because I don't like the idea of going up to the professor [any professor] and asking to be excused. Like duh, everyone will come to know that I am going to the loo!Thats a shame. Really. Like when I'll be peeing, there will be people who know that I am actually peeing. sheesh. That just plain scares me and makes me insecure.But then most of the people don't really excuse themselves to go to the loo to pee,necessarily. Almost everyone knows that half of the people go to the loo, to talk on the phone. you know, if there is an important call and all, the very second someone's phone starts vibrating , they rush to the professor, get excused, go to the loo , close the door carefully and just talk in hushed whispers.

But all my friends know THAT NO ONE EVER CALLS ME.I hardly receive any calls. [sob]

ok. Digression complete. Back to my story.

So once the professor stormed out of class, we three people[being the nice and goody-two-shoes type of students] ran after him, to the staff room.
To say sorry and just talk about the exams and syllabus and suchlike [though my idea was to go up to him, give him a pat on his shoulder and say. "I know, shit happens"]

BUT, he was not there in the staff room.


So If I were a film editor, I'd have shortened the duration of the shots and increased the number of shots, right at this point, in the story, just to heighten the drama and suspense. But since I've already taken the pains to type out the previous sentence, I hope you get the point about me trying to heighten the drama.

Anyway,

so HOD not in the staff room. All of us surprised.All of a us a wee bit tense[where did he go in such a short time?!]. All of us highly anticipated[adrenalin rushing et all].Me frantically practicing the "shit happens" dialogue" momentarily having forgotten that nature was calling in on me a few minutes ago.The other teacher in the staff room gives us her dose of snide remarks which are a direct result of the fact that once upon a time she used to be this political journalist working for a Bengali News channel[wow] but then she got kicked out and now she is stuck in some overhyped department and she is bored, she is old, she looks like a man and she is frustrated and GODDAMMIT they dint even make her the HOD.

Me, in the mean time was already super excited about the HOD gone missing and was cooking up stories about "HOW the HOD turned into this dust particle"..... when suddenly the loo door opened and he walked out of the loo and started washing his hands.

So bottomline?

He and me both had had the urge to pee.





I am sorry. I just use and exploit this blog to vent out my angst. My readers have to bear with me.

31 comments:

Aphrodite said...

well well evryone does that..venting calls for blogging i guess...nice post...;)

Anonymous said...

if i hear this "future plan" and "pg institute rant" one more place i will kill someone ... no kidding,i will
its like anything i read any movie i see has to add on to my already confused existence ...

delights.. grilled sandwich...green benches..playing screw,pictionary...nature park :(
i wanna play pictionary on green benches..u me same team..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

u make me cry first thing in morning....and no one calls you what lies :P

ad libber said...

So college is almost over? I always wonder how I would greet such a day myself.
And bright pink rocks :)
Try purple next.
Or green and purple stripes.
And maybe..you and your HOD share some kind of a connection, the kind twins or soulmates have.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

I guess,we do blog to show off our miserable lives....but then,thats the fun aint it???
I heard about Calcutta's weather,I'm so glad Pune's still darn cold!!!!

The label aptly suits the post!!!
:-)

Loved it!!

coffee stain said...

hee hee...... your head will explode one day!!! and believe me...not gettin too many phone calls is a good thing!

undifferentiated said...

arrey winter totally gone.damn.even i feel the heat.

onnesha said...

you held the pee in so that people wouldnt know when exactly you pee.and then you blog about it elaborately so that i can close my eyes and see the whole stuff happening before me.
and THAT is okay with you???
you are weirder than i thought:)

ArSENik said...

Or maybe he got a call, I mean on his cell, not from nature. Screw realism for trying to f!@# with your Kafkaesque explanation of his MIA status.

PS: Bhery lauly. Only you can make something so mundane like a professor visiting the bathroom, sound so interesting.

Electronic Goose said...

It's snowing here. I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

well ,i can t agree more with onnesha .. u dont want ur friends to that u are actually peeing but u are allowing everybody else here to know that ..is that only because we are anonymous to you...
by the way ur writing skills are really wonderfull .... believe me i have never read any post like this before ..but it was interesting :)

Anonymous said...

it's not that i didn't like this blogging bout regularities and incidents..... i liked ur previous posts so very much ... but i'd really like to read more train of thought stuff...and "suchlike"... tiny was good!

Hatturi Hanzo said...

I once wore a funny hat and got one of my friends to click a picture of me. I named the picture "to pee" or not "to pee". :P

Green benches, auditorium steps, 5th floor, Delights and Arunda's canteen......those words still make me wish I failed my university exams. Damn! I miss Xaviers like hell. :(

Anonymous said...

college has 5 floors :-O

Unknown said...

I exactly know the feeling about the being-excused-for-pee thing. I never do it. I mean, i just can't take it. That people would be staring at me when i come back and 'know' that I was peeing all the while. Even with friends I will usually wait for an instant when I can slip into the toilet without getting noticed, you see. And I hate visiting college loos anyway.

undifferentiated said...

me likeings yor bloog.i shall link u...may i?

dreamy said...

@ aphrodite, yeah thats true I guess and thanks! :)


@ girl with a long blog name,yeah, you and me on same team for pictionary...its a WIN WIN situation!B-)

@ ad libber,yes. you are right. We do have a connection.

@ Moo-lah, okthankyousomuch :D

@ Coffee stain,what about the head explosion..is that a good thing or a bad thing? :-?

@undiffrentiated Adwaita, of course of course!..chhee chee..erom jigesh kore link korle toh ami lojja pai. :D

@ Onnesha, arre arre.. Ami jeta bolchhi je..there is a difference between peeing and blogging about peeing na!..My problem lies in the fact that people know that I am peeing WHILE I am peeing..but when I am blogging about peeing..the moment is bygone. so,no sweat :D

@ arsenik. [I don't know what "MIA" is andIamtoolazytogoogleforit :D]
Thankooooo!

@ Electronic goose. No need to be sorry hehehe. :D

@ arvind,thankooooo :D:D

@stuntman, see the train of thought stuff comes only and only when i am Totally bored and there isn't much to do. But thanks so very much:D

I hereby declare that "tiny" was written as a short story. Just that I wrote in such a font that people thought its a poem. :D

I hope its not having any sort of identity crisis. :D

@ the none, sigh! :'(

@ girl.. know what, you are a 20 something, single , about to graduate and you still dunno how to count floors :D

@ Saptarshi.. [glad that you're photo is back. Ikindalikeit :D]

Yeah..me too hates college loos and all public loos for that matter.In fact the only loo that I am not uncomfortable in is the loo in my house.

ArSENik said...

MIA is a sister organization of the CIA and stands for Meaningless Intelligence Agency...j/k...MIA mane Missing In Action.

coffee stain said...

good thing dear good thing :P why would it be bad

Prachi said...

the part about our very own 'cinema woman' as she likes to call herself made me laugh out loud! so did the next bit. * thumbs up * Am looking forward to your film!

undifferentiated said...

emaaa lojja paye naa...erom lojjaboti lota holey cholbe?

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

23 comments hoye gelo....
ekhon update kor..??... :-P

Llama said...

24 comments now. Update. Update. Anek din holo.

dreamy said...

yes yes. I will update on the 25th of Feb. :O

What's In A Name ? said...

ekhono to seshi holo na course....ekhon thekei future ????

Amazing Graze said...

rediscovered you love for orkut, & fell out of it within such a short time! now that's betrayal! :P

coffee stain said...

28th comment
update!!!

de trop said...

oh yes....u were right... i did not comment!!!!!
well this post depicts the "typical you".... as usual fab....

de trop said...

in case u want it to be 30....;) :P

Ankit said...

dont worry if you are a lazy bum .....welcome to the club :)