Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Coffee and ginger biscuits

I was tagged by Ad libber and Poojo.C many moons ago and I had told some people that I was about to post a very long and whiny post about why things go wrong etc.

so this is it.

First the tag.

Write a post,it doesn't have to be very big,about that person-literary character,comic book hero,some guy in a movie,a random person you will never meet - we will start a list that will probably never end.


Hmmm.

Pete Crenshaw.

He was my childhood hero. I was with him. All through out the mystery of the shrinking house to the green ghost, the invisible dog , the silver spider, the stuttering parrot, the screaming clock, the singing serpent , the whispering mummy and what not. He was tall and athletic. A basketball player. He was scared of ghosts, nonetheless. He was not brainy like Jupe or studious like Bob. He was just plain cute. I was in love with him.

Then he grew up and I grew up and came across "Crimebusters". He got a new girlfriend, Kelly Madigan and I surprisingly was not Jealous. I just pretended that I was Kelly Madigan.

Anyway. So Pete Crenshaw was my GHM.

I could have written about people like Chandler Bing or Fokir, but then I have been delving deep into nostalgia for the past few days and ah, those were the days. Life was all about books and TV and school was all about the library period when I was at my happiest best.

I tag all those blog readers who have GHM s :)


Now for the long and whiny post.
Allow me to irritate you.


There is so much to talk about. Like college. It happened. Was happening. And now suddenly, poof! Its all over.

Like people. Like people who take you for granted, because you are mostly a fun person. I mean like Yeah, I can't spell out things without cracking at least one silly joke. Mostly about my body weight. But then what do you do when people try to manipulate things that matter to you by exploiting your very cheerful and carefree nature.

But I am not giving in.
I am not going to make this blog the one-that-serves-as-the-receiving-end-of-dark-and-Gothic-rants. Instead. I am going to do something that I've never done before.

I am going to torture you with my poetry.

I will sing a song.
Not necessarily in Bong.

As you may not know.
I am going to irritate you so.

I wish I had a bigger loo.
Where I'd get amazing ideas too.

Not that my loo is bad.
Its so tiny it makes me mad.

So one day when I have loads of money
I am gonna sit in a bath tub full of honey.


Then I'll sing a song.
But not necessarily in Bong.


Ok. Thats it.
I have ended up torturing myself. So no more.

Btw, wasn't this supposed to be a long and whiny post?

yeah. so I will whine a bit.

I got to straighten my hair [temporarily] because of a super ego clash between two very egoistic ladies. I love ego clashes of this sort. Which are so damn funny. [just wait, I will get to the whining part later. For now, listen to this. A very interesting story].

So lady number one and lady number two were both in charge of the bridal decoration and finery and suchlike associated with the reception party of one of my cousins.

Lady number One is a member of the largely extended family and Lady number Two is this hot-shot celebrity and all that. She is a known and much popular face in the Tollywood industry.

So because people in my family generally go gaga over celebs and all , they decided to go for the idea of taking the Bride over to a beauty parlour of Lady number Two's choice.

Now Lady number...ok know what.. I am just too bored to type the whole story so I will give you a gist.

Lady number One got really pissed about the fact that people were giving more attention to a celeb and in order to calm her down, one very sensible person told her that she can get her own make-up done from that very blessed parlour.

Well, so she denied and asked me to get my hair straightened instead.

How I loved my hair for the past few days.
So straight.
So So So very smooth and silky and surreptitiously shiny.

Herein I will throw in a one-liner whine.

I shampooed my hair today and its back to its wavy form,not straight anymore. So I finally stopped behaving like as if my hair was an untouchable.

Ok. My mother said two very hashhokor things today.
1> [While she was trying to make me see the logic of eating kichhuri with a happy face as that is one of the very few food items that I absolutely hate eating, apart from malpua and pattishapta. OK yes I know majority of the people like these things but you know what, I am not a part of the majority. I eat chalk and cement and earthen cups for God's sake]...Anyway so today, in the afternoon, my mother said something like "You should eat khichhuri, learn to eat khichuri with a happy face because when you go to jail you will have to eat this very stuff and you know what? they're not even going to make it as delicious as me.

2> [Our two-in-one music player is not working and has to be repaired] So my mother said, "Can't you just pretend to be a guy.[my son] and do all the guy stuff,after all your father doesn't stay here". Well just imagine. If I were a guy. I mean just imagine, if I were just the way I am and I were a guy. A guy who spends 98.67% of his time in front of the mirror looking at his hair and blogs about his hair using words like " smooth and silky and surreptitiously shiny".
Heehaw.

Moving on,
its awreddy 1.56 am and I am am NOT sleepy. Although I signed out of Yahoo messenger saying that I am. I've been reading random blogs and its funny how I really want to read blogs from all over the world and I end up reading and thoroughly enjoying blogs that belong to JUDE people.

I wish I was in JUDE. I mean the name itself is so cool. And that has nothing to do with the fact that it reminds me of Jude Law. Also, it has nothing to do with the fact that I've had dangerously ridiculous "what if" random thoughts about all guys from JUDE looking like Jude law.

As I always say, I have too much time and too little to do.

BTW, tomorrow I am gonna attempt studying on the Victoria Memorial grounds. Please Don't ask why. Its a long and arguably uninteresting story.


23 comments:

de trop said...

okay I begin ->
The tag : was nice
The poem or song (wtevr) :
It was nice
Even nicer than a mice!!!! :P
Now the Whining Story :
You are relatives with some hot-shot tollywood actor??? :O New News to me!!!! So thats the secret of your Cutting-your-hair-and-straightening-it.

What's In A Name ? said...

Victoria and studies ???!!??

Only you can come up with such an idea!

What's In A Name ? said...

expect the uninteresting story in the next blog tho.

Shruti said...

hey! I was blog hopping when I bumped into you.I am also from Cal(but no longer there) and that in particular made me read ur blog. Quite an interesting blog.

Cheers!

Amazing Graze said...

lol, nice poem.
& straight hair is out (according to my sister who reads vogue & all that so she would know) so dont fret over those curls, rather flaunt them! :)

coffee stain said...

see i was at Himalaya house today.... to pay off my(dad's) cars insurance ... and lo from the 7th floor... while i was dozing off in a government office what do i see.... ppl with books on the grounds of victoria with books....... :P
no i didn't... i was there tho.... how cool would it have been if that was how i get to see you for the first time......
truth be told...... i probably cudn't have recognized you....an mistook ye'all for some nuts with huge issues.... :P (not that i think you you that way now) ..... my comments have taken my blog post time :P

ad libber said...

I realized I do know a guy who speaks of his hair being soft, silky and surreptitiously shiny,I think you just found your soul brother.

undifferentiated said...

omg omg omg i was such a huuuuuge pete crenshaw groupie. bob was so blah and jupe such a pompous potato.lovd pete and how he had that innate sense of direction!siiiigh.
and JUDE rocks.i would hav studied no whr else.tho it hsnt dun anythn for my job prospects :D

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

i loved pete crenshaw too. in fact i loved the three investigators entirely too much, and now i've forgotten all about them. gah. i must go find them and read them again.

my hair's straight, and i hate it. i wish it was wavy. i think i'll write a whiny post about the grass being greener and all that.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

dude...Xavs is way way way more cooler than JUDE,even tho ive had a thing for JUDE...but trust me..xavs is way way way more cooler!!!....
i straightened my hair once,..long hair too....pretty long...remained striaght for like 8 months...:-P,it cd have gone more,but i got bored and chopped it off!!

Anonymous said...

pete crenshaw ...i was majorly in love with ned nickerson and of course i pretended that i was nancy drew...

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the poem...

(piece of advice: refrain from permanent straightening...it looks fine in the beginning, but once the curls start growing back, well, its not a very pretty sight!!!)

onnesha said...

didnt u try JUDE?:O
and whoever said xaviers is better than JU,can go @#$%&* ...
jak ge.

ad libber said...

The minute I try to forget about JUDE, there comes a whole post a long list of comments reminding me of it, no more about JUDE, I prithee, it makes me go and take to alcohol.

ArSENik said...

That's a nice, happy song,
even though it's not in Bong.

Straight hair is too conformist, that is if you take the trouble of going out of your way to get it straight.

I would probably choose clay pot over Pattishapta too, though Malpoa is soso. I like khichudi though.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Some people (read:Onnesha) are just plain prejudiced about JUDE it seems..!! :-P

Sphinx said...

'when you go to jail' - roflmao

scratch that

roflmao at entire post!

and yeah, people in JUDE rocks.

Bone said...

haha instead of going into the entire jude-sxc debate, which wasn't the point of your post really (or so i think), have you noticed that most of us think the grass on the other side of the river is greener? it's really difficult to date a classmate. imean, you see someone everyday, just kills the entire fantasizing bit mahn **grin**

judeboys aren't anything specialler than xavier's boys. which isn't to say one is better than the other. hell i'd prolly have thought xavier's boys are the most dateable people in the city if only i hadn't had proof to the otherwise.

and adlibber, btw, what's wrong in taking to alcohol? or was that sarcasm? :D

Llama said...

Finally, you do the tag! These detective types are quite yumm!

And Dreamy, I don't think it is in you to whine. I kept looking for whines, and when I did find 'em, they weren't whiny enough.

And non-straight hair rocks dude!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

sigh..... :) i wish i had the time these days to think and write so arbit.

even i like prinsep ghat, its in a peculiar way special to me .... khichudi sucks tho !

ad libber said...

noo, i meant in depression, I gave up my chance at JUDE by making a couple of hurried decisions and a very tragic story follows.

Anonymous said...

This is often done through inducing the energy centers connected to the production of these chemicals. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bayswater Bags[/url] You have done very well with formal commands. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose[/url] Anuqogqul
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]cheap pandora[/url] Fqfnfovvy [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose[/url] dfovdqkzs