Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bleah...

I’ve been down and out. I don’t know what to do. I can’t talk to people about that thing which has been bothering me for quite some time now. All I can do is change the blog design to this childish overdose of orange and type type type type away to glory.
So, I did not get kicked out of the job after all. They put me on a different show. Here I was feeling extremely hip about the fact that I work for a music show on TV (which is probably the best thing that I could be doing). The show was about indie bands and stuff and the promotion of their non-bollywood music. The shoot used to be much fun. Six to seven hours of sound setting followed by shooting the band in all its glory. But now they’ve stopped shooting and I get to work in post-production which is basically just sitting behind an editor and yapping and following up with deliverable episodes yada yada yada which is not ALL that fun.
On top of that they’ve put me on another show. It’s a live show which is all about the anchor hollering for half an hour and asking the “viewers” to call and download housie tickets so that they win a grand prize of One Lakh Rupees once they’ve struck out all the numbers on the ticket. The scam is; they charge you a bomb to download the tickets and hence the show earns its revenue.
Bleah. Boring. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your mini-posts, a bit like watching someonés life on a hidden cam.
P.S. no harm in smoking, I'm sure you'll agree. Never been to Cal but I'm guessing you get ace stuff from the North East.